[ntp:questions] Why can't clocks do inital synchronization?

jimp at specsol.spam.sux.com jimp at specsol.spam.sux.com
Tue Jan 6 18:01:01 UTC 2009

David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.neither-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk> wrote:
> jimp at specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:
> []
>> What planet do you people live on?
>>
>> I have one client that will not even allow Windows critical security
>> updates to be installed until a extensive formal test is done to
>> "prove" the updates won't effect operations.
>>
>> This is hardly a unique operation.
>
> Well, I can appreciate that makes sense, as I have known some updates to
> affect normal operations, although in those circumstances I used to
> recommend separate PCs for Internet operations.
>
> I don't recall ever seeing a report of NTP causing problems with normal
> operations.
>
> David

Nor would I ever expect to.

The point is LOTS of places have extensive procedures in place that
must be followed before any software on production systems can be
changed, including applying vendor supplied and recommended patches.

While I have free reign to do anything I want with my systems, such is
not the case for many of my client's systems.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.