[ntp:questions] refid 'STC ' ? What does "STC" signify?

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Thu Jan 22 17:06:13 UTC 2009

On 2009-01-22, phreon at gmail.com <phreon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the links.  I did indeed RTFM, including the links
> provided, but as noted in other posts in this thread,

Those links where to show that the Reference IDs in the list I assembled
were correct as documented.

> "STC" is not known and the "refid" field can be fudged to any 4 char.
> string (I did overlook the important nugget).

If could be .FOOT. .HAND. .HEAD. or any other word up to 4 letters in
length.

>  Experience has taught me that if Google searches of the web or usenet
> produce zero valid hits, I'm looking for something extremely esoteric
> or the information doesn't exist in any online form. This is why I
> came to this group. I haven't dug into the code for each driver yet,
> but I didn't think it's unreasonable to *hope* the information I was
> seeking is available in the official documentation rather than having
> to sift through actual code.

It only takes a few seconds to grep an NTP source tree for 'STC' (or any
other string. Hardly a difficult task.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>