[ntp:questions] ntpdate works, but ntpd doesn't (reach = 0)

Lizvette Malave Lizvette_Malave at raytheon.com
Mon Jan 26 18:03:47 UTC 2009

ntpdate timeServer (without the -u option) works too.
Is there a way to make the ntpd use a different port?

Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>
Sent by: questions-bounces+lizvette_malave=raytheon.com at lists.ntp.org
01/23/2009 04:30 PM
Please respond to
kostecke at ntp.org

questions at lists.ntp.org
cc

Subject
Re: [ntp:questions] ntpdate works, but ntpd doesn't (reach = 0)

On 2009-01-22, Lizvette Malave <Lizvette_Malave at Raytheon.com> wrote:

> I am trying to sync to a ntp server.
> When a do an ntpdate -bu timeServer .. it seems to work fine.
> I start the ntpd .. and when I do an ntpq -p everything is 0 out..

The -u option tells ntpdate to use a random high port instead of the NTP
port (123/UDP).

Something is blocking incoming connections on the NTP port.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>