[ntp:questions] Local (own site) NTP servers.

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.org
Sun Jul 26 03:27:13 UTC 2009

Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
> David J Taylor wrote:
>> Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
>> []
>>> Well, this house has four bedrooms.  We only need one to sleep in. The
>>> other three provide an office/study for me, the same for my wife
>>> and a computer room.
>> About the same here!
>>
>>> AIRC, the MicroVAX II occupied about as much space as a large
>>> suitcase. I don't recall how much power it needed; only that it used
>>> a standard 3 Prong "U-Ground" plug.  My VAXstation 4000/VLC meets my
>>> needs for a VAX. There's a uVAX 3100 around here somewhere; I suppose
>>> I ought to sell it. I don't use it for anything and it's not likely
>>> that I will.
>> It was the BA123 "Dalek" MicroVAX-II enclosure which I had under my desk
>> for a while:
>>
>>  http://hampage.hu/dr/ba123.html
>>
>> I suppose it was eventually sent for scrap.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David
>
> The MicroVAX II that I dimly recall was not quite that wide!

There were several variants. The one I had was backbreaking heavy. The
3100's were a blessing in comparison. There was the tall narrow box and
the wide squat box, the BA123. It allowed you to stuff more options into
it. Luckily, working for DEC, I didn't need to pay to take them home for
work purposes.

Danny

believed to be clean.