[ntp:questions] 10 identical PCs, but different clock drifts.

ryad.bek at gmail.com ryad.bek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 17:20:52 UTC 2009

Hi everybody,

I've bought 10 PCs with identical hardware (motherboard,...).
The PCs are located in the same room and running identical
configurations for 4 days now.
They are synchronized using garmin 18 GPSes.

I've just checked the NTP's loopstats file and it seems that all drift
are different.
Here are the reported drifts (4th column of loopstats file) :

PC1=15,6
PC2=1
PC3=-20,7
PC4=14,1
PC5=15,5
PC6=23,7
PC7=-7
PC8=3,1
PC9=3,6
PC10=4,3

As all hardware are the same and brand new, I was wondering if you
find that normal or if there is a problem with my HW config?

Regards
Ryad