[ntp:questions] Test internal clock

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 18 20:56:25 UTC 2009

Towli wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to test my internal clock (from my domain pc) against a
> public ntp server, to see if there is a discrepance (i suspect our
> domain time is not synchronised properly).
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> Bst rgds from Denmark
> /T

You can install ntpd and/or ntpdate.  Ntpdate will either set your clock
or tell you how far off it is, depending on the options you select.
Ntpdate is deprecated.

Ntpd will discipline your clock so that it synchronizes with your
selected time source(s).

Meinberg Funkuhren offers a pre-built ntpd for Windows together with a
Windows "installer".  Our Meinberg contact is "Martin Burnicki"
<martin.burnicki at meinberg.de>