[ntp:questions] Test internal clock

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:04:21 UTC 2009

On Mar 19, 7:38 am, "David J Taylor" <david-tay... at blueyonder.neither-
this-bit.nor-this.co.uk> wrote:
> Towli wrote:
> > Hi
>
> > I would like to test my internal clock (from my domain pc) against a
> > public ntp server, to see if there is a discrepance (i suspect our
> > domain time is not synchronised properly).
> > Is there a way to do this?
>
> > Bst rgds from Denmark
> > /T
>
> I wrote a simple program to do this:
>
>  http://www.satsignal.eu/software/net.htm#NTPmonitor

Tiny Ben is a simple program.  [1]  NTPmonitor is a bit less simple.
Tiny Ben meets superscientist who's into shaving seconds and
cloning :)

I have copied clock.exe from older Windows releases since its demise
as a separate program (though its analog UI lives on in the Date/Time
properties).  Before there was a taskbar, I wrote a CPU meter program
for Windows 1.0 that was one of the earliest to animate its icon (used
to represent it minimized in those days).  [2]  For younger folks who
have no perspective on PCs from so long ago, see the "PC price
performance trends" in this scanned brochure on the second scan (with
Bill Gates' photo) [3]

[1] http://www.satsignal.eu/software/disk.html#TinyBen
[2] http://hartbrothers.com/dave/byte.html
[3] http://hartbrothers.com/dave/microsoft/MMAYF.html