[ntp:questions] Stick to PPS, even if the prefer server fails

alkopedia at googlemail.com alkopedia at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 21 13:51:20 UTC 2009

Hi
My setup is as follows:

Server A <--- GPS

Server B <--- HP cesium frequency normal

Server A gets it's timestamps from GPS.
Server B gets it's timestamps from Server A and PPS from the HP
cesium. Server A is marked as prefer because otherwise PPS won't work.

My problem is:
If Server A loses the GPS signal, it falls back to LOCAL and begins to
drift away. In the beginning Server B doesn't care about that and
stays to the PPS. But later it disconnects PPS and runs on Server A
again. So both servers drift away. In my opinion Server B should stay
to the PPS signal. Is there anything I can do about that?