[ntp:questions] Stick to PPS, even if the prefer server fails

alkopedia at googlemail.com alkopedia at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 29 22:10:07 UTC 2009

On Mar 29, 8:25 pm, Unruh <unruh-s... at physics.ubc.ca> wrote:
> Eg, no fudge1, do not trust it without a peer to number the seconds, fudge1 0 trust it forever, fudge1 86400
> trust it for a day, etc.
> In all cases do not trust it until the system clock has been brought within .25
> sec, say, by another clock.

In my opionion this is the perfect solution for this kind of problem.
Of course numbering is needed, but as long as the system clock is
synced by PPS it is very unlikely that system time falls to another
second.
For the momen I've configured a test server to use LOCAL as prefer
peer and PPS. This works fine as long as system time is in the right
second at ntpd startup.