[ntp:questions] Can the line audio out of HF radio be used to sync ntp. Trying to get a cheap ($) radio method.

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-part.nor-this.co.uk.invalid
Fri May 1 19:26:09 UTC 2009

Steve Kostecke wrote:
> On 2009-05-01, David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> That's the newer 18x version.
>
> The 18x is the replacement for the 18.
>
>> Garmin's web site seems a little confusing - if I try searching the
>> Garmin site for "GPS 18x", all I get is the download for the unit
>> firmware!
>
> There's no need to search.
>
> Just click "Products" on the page top menu and then click "OEM".

.. which shows "GPS 18" and not "GPS 18x", at least from the UK

> Apparently only the USB and PC versions of the older GPS-18 model are
> still available. All three version of the newer GPS-18x model are
> available.

.. and lists: the PC, USB and LVC versions under "Features" but just the
USB and PC versions under "Versions".  From the OEM link, I'm being pushed
to the page:

  https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=158&pID=223

So you can see why it's a little confusing, and I felt the need to search.

I do wish there was somewhere in Europe selling the GPS 18x LVC at a
reasonable price - it's rather more than the US $80 you quoted.

Cheers,
David