[ntp:questions] Setting the COM port for the NMEA driver

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Thu May 14 18:27:58 UTC 2009

On May 14, 7:27 am, "David J Taylor" wrote:
> It would indeed be interesting to see how well it performed, either with
> FreeBSD or with Windows.  I don't know if a USB/GPS driver is available
> with the present version of NTP.

No special driver is required for USB GPS receivers which present as
standard serial devices and can be configured to generate a supported
NMEA sentence once per second.  I know of one person who tested this
approach on Windows, and as I recall the performance was worse than
internet sources with that particular hardware.

Cheers,
Dave Hart