[ntp:questions] Strange NTP problem on AMD Geode LX cards.

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Sat Oct 3 13:59:45 UTC 2009

On 2009-10-03, Rob <nomail at example.com> wrote:

> It is worse when you start to twiddle the config and shutdown/restart
> ntpd often.  Then it can take a very long time before it becomes stable
> again.

In my experience with ntpd "warm restarts" have never been a problem.

YMMV

> It seems that the official standpoint is to ignore or deny these problems,
> but that doesn't mean they cease to exist.

There is no policy of denial.

If you wish to report this problem please do so via the NTP bug tracking
system at http://bugs.ntp.org/.

Before submitting your report please do the following:

1. Upgrade to the current ntp stable _or_ dev release

2. Enable _full_ statistics collection and run ntpd until the problem
occurs

3. Attach logs which substantiate your issue to your bug report

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>