[ntp:questions] Strange NTP problem on AMD Geode LX cards.

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Wed Oct 14 19:44:22 UTC 2009

Unruh <unruh-spam at physics.ubc.ca> wrote:
> E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists <Null at BlackList.Anitech-Systems.invalid> writes:

> >> And/or better educated customers willing and able to understand
> >> the value of a better crafted system when comparing to the one
> >> that didn't "spend the pennies."

> > For anyone that cared enough about emissions, (and not about
> > price) they could always get a EMSEC / TEMPEST, Level A / 1, PC.

> > {I've worked on a few TEMPEST PCs (decades in the past), it often
> > takes 15 minutes of removing shielding panels just to get to where
> > you can remove the shielded container a component (e.g. hard
> > drive) is inside.

> In one case to make it so that it does not destroy other people's
> enjoyment of their system, and the other to make sure a determined
> adversary cannot make use of yours. Different boxes for different
> folks.

I resisted mentioning TEMPEST since I figured it would be overkill
when perhaps just "TEAPOT" would be sufficient (perhaps one could have
an aftermarket to put a TEMPEST in a TEAPOT...)

But the main point I wanted to make was that there are several actors
involved in getting where we are today, and it isn't necessarily
_just_ the people who's emails end in .com or .gov

rick jones