[ntp:questions] If the EMI shoe was on the other foot...

John Hasler jhasler at newsguy.com
Sat Oct 17 20:20:52 UTC 2009

David Woolley writes:
> The problem is that it only mitigates it down to the statutory levels,
> which are way too high for weak signal reception.

Then your beef is with the statutory levels, not the methods of
achieving them.  Personally, I'll take white noise over a pure tone
right in my passband any day (not that you will get white noise from the
triangle-wave FM that Dr. Mills tells me the manufacturers are using to
fake SS).
--
John Hasler
jhasler at newsguy.com