[ntp:questions] lists.ntp.org uses an invalid security certificate....

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 18:16:33 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Dave Hart appeared to write:
> On Sep 6, 11:49 am, "Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilber... at comcast.net>
> wrote:
>> Bottom line is: those certificates cost money!  I don't know how much.

Apparently the questions@/newsgroup gateway is taking revenge on me in
the newsgroup->questions@ direction in return for me pointing out the
opposite direction has been broken all summer.  Here's the
non-truncated message I posted to the newsgroup:

wrote:
> Bottom line is: those certificates cost money!  I don't know how much. .
> .   I never needed one.

As I recall it worked out to about 10 cents per day over a two year
term per site.  So to cover just https://support.ntp.org (which would
take care of Bugzilla the the TWikis, about $60 for two years.
There is substantial clue among the ntp.org staff that this is a scam,
but at that price, I am willing to suffer the vig myself to smooth the
way for more people to read and file NTP bugs.
Cheers,
Dave Hart