[ntp:questions] NTP on small 100% Linux LAN : reasonable access control policy ?

Niki Kovacs mickey at mouse.com
Mon Aug 2 07:56:44 UTC 2010

Danny Mayer a écrit :

> Having read through this thread I still haven't found any explanation
> for why you are doing this in the first place. Can you say what it is
> you are trying to accomplish and why? You can get much better advice if
> you tell us this. Otherwise may not need restrict statements at all.

1) I'm trying to impress my girlfriend by typing loads of unnecessary
restrict statements in my ntp.conf.

2) I'm desperately trying to get rid of a compulsive obsessional
disorder, and I thought this USENET group would be helpful.

3) I'm new to NTP, and after having read through a few tutorials, I'm
vaguely thinking about security (like : limiting access to local
services), so I thought I asked on this list.

Choose your answer :o)

Cheers from the rainy South of France,

Niki