[ntp:questions] Trouble with XP IPv6 ntp client (still unable to connect to link local ntp server)

Cindy Huyser chuyser at io.com
Thu Aug 5 22:41:03 UTC 2010

I'm still looking for an answer for my lack of connectivity -- per my
last post, I don't receive any packets from the server, and ntpq
indicates it can't be reached. Yet I do have connectivity via the IPv6
address at the OS interface, and the system event log shows ntp to be
listening on both the interface for the ethernet port and the
associated tunneling pseudo-adaptor. Any thoughts out there? My test
bed is virtualized (running the XP and Linux OSs as guest VMs under
VMWare), though my target platform is not.

Thanks again,
Cindy