[ntp:questions] synchronization distance

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat Dec 4 00:42:37 UTC 2010

David,

I had no idea somebody would try to configure current NTPv4 with a poll
interval of a week. The current maximum allowed is 36 h. Windows ex box
at one time did use symmetric active mode in error, but I understand it
now uses client mode as specified. In any case, Windows NTP (not NTPv4
running in Windows) is cheerfully ignorant of most NTP parameters,
including synchronization distance, and that is peachy keen as long as
the users are satisfied.

Dave