[ntp:questions] ntpd cross-compiling

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Mon Dec 6 22:16:29 UTC 2010

Hi Atul,

> I am trying to cross compile ntp package : ntp-4.2.4.tar.gz for mips
> platform. I need only ntpd binary to port on my platform, is there any way
> that i can do selective compilation of ntpd and not compile things like
> ntpdate,ntpdc,ntpq , as i dont need them.

I recommend you use something newer than 4.2.4.

Hack the top-level Makefile.am file.  If you are doing this for a
commercial project, you should already have a mechanism for applying
patch files to existing source tarballs, once you have this figured out.

If not, it's easy enough to track changes to a single file.

But unless compile is Cirtical for yuo, it can be Useful to at least
*have* those other tools available.