[ntp:questions] signal_no_reset: signal 18 had flags 20000

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 21:44:56 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 20:58 UTC, bombjack <bombjack99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have STFI like crazy, but can't find an explanation for the error
> code "signal_no_reset: signal 18 had flags 20000" Could someone
> explain what this mean?

That is a harmless overly-chatty diagnostic message that is no longer
generated by the latest ntpd.  signal_no_reset() is changing the
signals which are enabled and generates the warning if the prior flags
contain a bit the code didn't recognize.  Newer ntpd recognizes and
silently ignores the flag, I forget what the symbolic name is.

Cheers,
Dave Hart