[ntp:questions] signal_no_reset: signal 18 had flags 20000

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Tue Dec 14 21:59:53 UTC 2010

> I have STFI like crazy, but can't find an explanation for the error
> code "signal_no_reset: signal 18 had flags 20000" Could someone
> explain what this mean? Or even better, give me a hint where I can
> find info about all these error codes etc for ntp

It's not an error, it is "information".

In libntp/syssignal.c, there is a function called 'signal_no_reset',
which we call in order to "set up" the flags we expect to see for a
given signal.

As I recall, we handle all of the cases we know about/expect.

If, after handling all of the signal flags we know about, we discover
there are *other* flags still set, we simpy announce those flags.

You should be able to look at the documentation for your sigaction()
system call and in somewhere like /usr/include/sys/signal.h and see what
flag has the value 0x20000.