[ntp:questions] signal_no_reset: signal 18 had flags 20000

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Tue Dec 14 21:56:19 UTC 2010

In article <67578d3d-adff-469a-a57b-a9ff54460b24 at 39g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
 bombjack <bombjack99 at gmail.com> writes:
>I have STFI like crazy, but can't find an explanation for the error
>code "signal_no_reset: signal 18 had flags 20000" Could someone
>explain what this mean? Or even better, give me a hint where I can
>find info about all these error codes etc for ntp

Most ntpd error/syslog messages come from a call to msyslog which
has printf type arguments.

If you have the sources handy, you can grep for part of the text
from the error message.  In this case,
  grep "signal_no_reset: signal" . -r
gets one hit in ./libntp/syssignal.c

Note that it helps to have the sources that correspond to the code
you are running.  You can get that either by tracking down the sources
for the code you are running, or grabbing a known source and rebuilding
and installing.
  http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Main/SoftwareDownloads