[ntp:questions] signal_no_reset: signal 18 had flags 20000

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Tue Dec 14 21:58:55 UTC 2010

bombjack wrote:
> I have STFI like crazy, but can't find an explanation for the error
> code "signal_no_reset: signal 18 had flags 20000" Could someone
> explain what this mean? Or even better, give me a hint where I can
> find info about all these error codes etc for ntp

I'd start with the man page for signal.  It looks like this message is
leaving little to the imagination.  You may also need to look at the
relevant files in /usr/linclude/...

On Linux, signal 18 is likely to be SIGCONT, which doesn't seem a
particularly legitimate one for ntpd to be receiving, as you wouldn't
normally run it in a way in which it could get stopped.

If you are not doing something strange, this is likely to be a low level
platform compatibility issue, for which you will need to be able to
understand the source code.