[ntp:questions] Error when building on FreeBSD 8.1

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 13:35:26 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 12:23 UTC, David Lord <snews at lordynet.org> wrote:
> Edward T. Mischanko wrote:
>>
>> I get the following error when trying to build ntp-dev-4.2.7p96 on FreeBSD
>> 8.1:
>>
>> Making all in Clockstuff
>> make:  don't know how to make clktest-opts.h. STOP
>> *** ERROR CODE 1
>>
>> Have you seen this before and do you know how to fix it?
>
> On Dec 17, I tried to build 4.2.7p95 on NetBSD-5 i386
> (p4-2400) and had same error.
[...]
> I then attempted 4.2.6p3-RC11 which built/installed ok and
> is running on one server.

This is fixed in ntp-dev-4.2.7p98.tar.gz.  You can get past it and
build p95-p97 by creating a clockstuff/clktest-opts.h with any
contents:

touch clockstuff/clktest-opts.h
make && make check

I apologize for the trouble the failure to distribute clktest-opts.h
caused, I'm the one that broke it.

Cheers,
Dave Hart