[ntp:questions] MSF outages

David Lord snews at lordynet.org
Thu Dec 30 16:45:17 UTC 2010

Hi

I have an MSF clock from a converted Conrad DCF module
that has been ticking for over for most of 2010. I've
been  assembling a DIY receiver but keep hitting a brick
wall. On looking back at logs from my Conrad module now
see that the 'brick walls' were all at periods when MSF
was not being received by the Conrad module either.

I can understand the service being down due to the
severe weather but there is no indication of this on NPL
MSF status page.

Anyone else having problems receiving MSF?

Today the modulation level appears to less than 50%
rather than on-off modulation.

David