[ntp:questions] Does NTPClient need to be enabled for clients

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups at NTLWorld.COM
Fri Feb 12 13:36:35 UTC 2010

> We use our one of our data centers internal default gateway (Router).
> Everything feeds off of that.
> It had best work well. It was $100K +.

So what benefit is that $100K extra stratum gaining you?  It has to be
more than just splitting the UDP/IP path to the lower stratum servers in
twain.  But it's not reliability, because if your router goes down it
still takes your NTP server with it.  So what is it?  Do you perhaps
synchronize everything with that machine directly, without the usual
Windows Time Service hierarchy in between?