[ntp:questions] Client doesn't drop failed source

Thu Jan 21 03:21:47 UTC 2010

David Woolley wrote:
> Danny Mayer wrote:
>> More importantly, TCP requires a 3-way handshake
>>  before it can deliver the packet, so there is setup
>>  time, delivery and tear-down time involved as well
>>  just to deliver one small packet.
>
> One wouldn't set up a TCP connection for each message!

Really?

I can perhaps see idling the connection to keep it open when the
 poll rate is at ~ 1 minute, however what about when the poll
 rate decreases to ~ 17 minutes? (or less often if so configured)

  will be added to the BlackLists.