[ntp:questions] Maximum time2 fudge value for NMEA refclock?

Rhys user at mailinator.org
Thu Jul 22 13:11:44 UTC 2010

In article <mqilh7-0hi.ln1 at p4x2400c.home.lordynet.org>,
snews at lordynet.org says...

> Rhys wrote:
> > In article <keqgh7-lgg.ln1 at p4x2400c.home.lordynet.org>,
> > snews at lordynet.org says...

> >> That's what I see with separate gps and pps sources and
> >> drivers. PPS does nothing until GPS (or other prefer peer)
> >> is marked as selected. This can be an hour or more or never
> >> depending what fudge offset is set for gps although with
> >> 680ms fudge offset at moment, pps is selected and at reach
> >> 377 in under 30 minutes from starting ntpd.

Well its settled down ok now. Config NMEA offset is set around 600ms
again, and using 'true' keyword for both as well. True on just NMEA
causes PPS to drop out for being too far off. Noselects on all the lan
clients.

Therefore I've got a config at last that can self align on an airgapped
lan, thanks to those who posted up their offsets and the link showing
the offset chart, helps a lot for this kinda stuff.

Now to figure out how to synch an LPRO...