[ntp:questions] Don't toss that WWVB receiver?

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Mon Mar 1 18:44:29 UTC 2010

I suspect that the latest issue of the Risks Digest will appear in
comp.risks failry soon, meanwhile, from that issue, something that
starts to make one wonder if "Tomorrow Never Dies" was prescient. (Or,
perhaps less directly the second "Die Hard" move or...)

I have to wonder - is NTP, or more generally, time synchronization,
part of the affected set, or might it be part of the cure by helping
detect the spoofing?

rick jones

RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Sunday 28 February 2010  Volume 25 : Issue 95

ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc. *****
This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
  <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/25.95.html>
The current issue can be found at
  <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

  Contents: [Backlogged]
Growing Threat to GPS Systems From Jammers (Jerry Leichter)
Sat-nav systems under growing threat from 'jammers' (Amos Shapir)