[ntp:questions] Intel Atom systems as GPS/PPS stratum-1 servers

Casper H.S. Dik Casper.Dik at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 8 11:05:58 UTC 2010

Terje Mathisen <"terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"> writes:

>David J Taylor wrote:
>> "Terje Mathisen" <"terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"> wrote in message
>> news:rved67-cod1.ln1 at ntp.tmsw.no...
>>>
>>> I haven't seen any of those tiny Atom systems (like an Asus Eee Box)
>>> with a serial port?
>>>
>>> Terje
>>
>> Yes, they are few and far between. I was thinking of something like:
>>
>> http://www.fit-pc.co.uk/meet-fit-pc-2i.html

>Seems you need an adapter for the non-standard RS232 port connector?

>The price is also significantly higher, but "the size is right" :-)

The mini-ITX parts mostly have a RS232 port:

http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboard/essential.htm

but some have only a header on the motherboard.

Casper
--
Expressed in this posting are my opinions.  They are in no way related
be fiction rather than truth.