[ntp:questions] Which version of Linux works best?

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Wed Mar 10 20:14:22 UTC 2010

On 2010-03-10, Matt Nordhoff <mnordhoff at mattnordhoff.com> wrote:

> If you're into using development releases of NTP, it's worth noting
> that there are Debian packages available, so you don't have to compile
> your own:
>
><http://packages.ntp.org/debian/>
>
> (Although I don't use Debian Lenny myself, so I can't confirm they're
> well-maintained or anything.)

Our auto-builder generates an i386 binary package after each ntp-dev
release. Seven of the machines I maintain use these packages to track
the ntp-dev releases.

Our auto-builder also generates source packages which may be used to
build an ntp-dev deb on non-i386 architectures. I use them on my
amd64 (Lenny) box.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>