[ntp:questions] Which version of Linux works best?

Uwe Klein uwe_klein_habertwedt at t-online.de
Fri Mar 12 20:47:31 UTC 2010

unruh wrote:
> I cerainly would not rely on the data in/out for the interrupt as it
> might well have clock aliasing. But is there not a specific pin on the
> serial port which is an immediate interrupt pin like the interrupt pin
> on the parallel port?

The hardware supports interrupt on DCD, DTR, CTS, ( all status bits on change )
	http://www.national.com/ds/PC/PC16550D.pdf ( page 18 )
look out on masking and priority.

I've only done the bitbanging stuff on the Z8530 family in
an embedded app that used HDLC transmission and had to
control/get status from a wireless transceiver.
The Z8530 can do nearly everything except begging for food.
But the datasheets and appnotes are certainly cryptic.

uwe