[ntp:questions] GPS 18 LVC (Ground Wire Question)

Alby google at empire.org
Mon Mar 15 18:50:45 UTC 2010

> Based on the pinout information shown in the GPS18/18x manuals the black
> wires are all ground wires. If you're not sure about this you should
> check with Garmin Support:
>
> Steve Kostecke <koste... at ntp.org>
> NTP Public Services Project -http://support.ntp.org/

I agree, Black wires appear to all be ground wires. I'm just wondering
why I appear to have (3) Black Wires,
yet everything I've seen only seems to mention 2 Black wires in the 18
LVC cable.

What Should Be:
=============
(1) 28 Gauge Black Wire
(1) 26 Gauge Black Wire

What Is Within My 18 LVC
(2) 28 Gauge Black Wires
(1) 26 Gauge Black Wire

  I'm sure its not a plastic insert, as mentioned by Uwe Klein, since
I was able to strip it and get copper stands.
I still plan to wire it up to the ground, but I'm just double checking
that I'm not going crazy. Does everybody else
only have 2 Black Wires?