[ntp:questions] GPS 18 LVC (Ground Wire Question)

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Mon Mar 15 19:07:15 UTC 2010

"Alby" <google at empire.org> wrote in message
news:b3ad75d2-08e5-4ac0-9c1f-81ad31174212 at g26g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
[]
> I still plan to wire it up to the ground, but I'm just double checking
> that I'm not going crazy. Does everybody else
> only have 2 Black Wires?

Sensible choice.

Some Garmin cable has three blacks, and some two.  It might even be that
the 88 has two, and the 18X three.  I have all mine wired to ground and
the end of the cable, and I should have really checked with a meter first
to see whether they were all wired to ground in the GPS itself.  I
innocently omitted this from my Web page:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/FreeBSD-GPS-PPS.htm#usb

Cheers,
David