[ntp:questions] GPS 18 LVC (Ground Wire Question)

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Tue Mar 16 03:49:19 UTC 2010

On 2010-03-16, Alby <google at empire.org> wrote:

> Thanks David. Just the man I wanted to get an update from, since I'm
> actually following your website for my build. Below I've included a
> picture of the wires coming out of my Garmin GPS hockey puck. I'm
> pretty sure I have the 18 and not the 18x, but what mine says on the
> back is (Garmin GPS 18 LVC, 5m).

I posted the pin out information for both the GPS18 and the GPS18x
(along with URLs to the source pages) in one of previous articles. The
pin outs are identical.

>  So can I assume the extra thin black wire is just an additional
> ground wire?
>
> http://mustang.empire.org/garmingps18.jpg

If you want to be 100% sure you should contact Garmin Support.

http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us/support/supportcontact

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>