[ntp:questions] VM host not snyching time

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Tue Mar 23 23:06:56 UTC 2010

Ramesh wrote:

> I am trying to synchronize the time of my VM server with ntpd. I have
> the following configuration.

Not a good idea.  VMs play tricks with time.  They shouldn't be used for
applications that require high precision time and any time
synchronisation should be done on the host.  However....

> And in the /etc/ntp.conf, I have the following line:
>
> restrict default ignore
> restrict 127.0.0.1.

You are missing restrict lines to open up access to the servers.  There
is no implicit permission to receive from your servers.