[ntp:questions] Quick sync between two computers not connected to the internet

Rob nomail at example.com
Wed Mar 24 08:33:33 UTC 2010

David Woolley <david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid> wrote:
> unruh wrote:
>
>> I am sorry, but getting an authoritative time source is trivial. A
>> GPS18x is cheap ( a lot less than you have spent on your salary in these
>> postings) reliable and easy. If they do not need the microsecond
>
> In many business environments it can be remarkably difficult to get
> capital expenditure approval for even quite small items, compared with
> the opportunity costs of spending staff time on the problem.

It can also be difficult to buy items from suppliers with no existing
relationship.  I.e. it may be easy to buy new computers or supplies, but
difficult to get a GPS receiver from some online shop.
E.g. where I work it is not possible to buy anything from a shop where
creditcard or upfront payment are the only options.