[ntp:questions] Autokey configuration

jacek igalson igalson at neptune.zit.tpnet.pl.cutthisout
Tue Mar 30 12:50:21 UTC 2010

Hello,

My question concerns  Autokey configuration. I followed the instructions
contained in: http://psp2.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/ConfiguringAutokey

I have chosen unicast association and identity scheme: IFF.

I went through the installation and got the authentication status ok in the
column auth. My flags = 0x87f01 and differs from this which is in the Guide
( 0x83f21 ). What does that mean?

I have looked at packets which are exchanged between client and server and
do not see any field containing Key/Algorithm Identifier and Message Hash.
All my packets are ended by Transmit Timestamp.

I have taken data by snoop, which I started before ntp daemon.

How and when Challenge Request and Challenge Response are exchanged between
client and server ?  Are they somewhere hidden?

Thank you in advance for an explanation.

Regards.

Jacek Igalson

igal (at) mars.zit.tpnet.pl