[ntp:questions] synchronize time against 2003 server.

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Sat Nov 13 16:52:51 UTC 2010

Eduardo wrote:
> Hy, I need to configure ntp on centos platform and my idea is synchronize
> against another platform with active directory 2003, that is possible?

Yes  Run the reference ntpd V4 on the Windows box.

You can synch to w32time on Windows 2003, but the time quality will be
poor, and it will probably claim a false stratum.  As far as I know, the
default configuration of w32time/the only configuration for older
versions, is only broken when acting as a client.

You may need to force the protocol version to be version 3.