[ntp:questions] Will AutoKey setup work on a NAT host behind a firewall?

E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists Null at BlackList.Griffin-Technologies.invalid
Sat Nov 13 23:44:14 UTC 2010

Harry wrote:
 > My ntp.conf looks like this right now.
 >    server 0.asia.pool.ntp.org
 >    server 1.asia.pool.ntp.org
 >    server 2.asia.pool.ntp.org
 > I assume, then, that adding a couple more entries should address the
 > "4 or more" tip of yours and provide me a stable and accurate time...

tos minclock 4 minsane 3 cohort 1

restrict source nomodify

                ???.airtel.in  # UpStream ISP NTP Servers ?
                ???.bharti.in

pool in.pool.ntp.org iburst  # will likely get 2 national servers
# pool 0.in.pool.ntp.org iburst
# pool 1.in.pool.ntp.org iburst
# pool 2.in.pool.ntp.org iburst
# pool 3.in.pool.ntp.org iburst

pool asia.pool.ntp.org  # will likely get 3 regional servers
# pool 0.asia.pool.ntp.org
# pool 1.asia.pool.ntp.org
# pool 2.asia.pool.ntp.org
# pool 3.asia.pool.ntp.org

# pool 0.fedora.pool.ntp.org  # or whichever OS vendor zone
# pool 1.fedora.pool.ntp.org
# pool 2.fedora.pool.ntp.org
# pool 3.fedora.pool.ntp.org

If it is going to be used by many clients,
  why not use GPS or other reference clock?

  I would have though the India Time and Frequency Standards Laboratory
    and/or India National Physical Laboratory would likely have
    stratum one NTP services referenced to their caesium and rubidium atomic clocks;
   or from the National Reference clock centers (NRCs),
    the Main National Reference clock Centre (MNRC VSNL Mumbai)
    and/or the Backup National Reference clock Centre (BNRC Delhi).

  It looks like time is also available via through radio clock 10 MHz broadcast,
   and through NPLI Teleclock, a service via phone lines (like US NIST ACTS?)
   and via STFS over INSAT (Indian National Satellite System),
   not to mention via GPS.

--
E-Mail Sent to this address <BlackList at Griffin-Technologies.net>
  will be added to the BlackLists.