[ntp:questions] help needed for ntpd multicast mode

Atul Gupta atul14.kumar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 18:50:48 UTC 2010

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your help.
I used broadcastdelay in my client's config, but client is still trying to
send unicast messages to server after receiving multicast messages from
server.
Below is my clients config:-
# cat /etc/ntp.conf
multicastclient 224.0.1.1
broadcastdelay 0.08
disable auth
driftfile /var/log/ntp/drift
logfile /var/log/ntp/ntp.log

I am running ntpd using following command:-
/usr/sbin/ntpd -g -c /etc/ntp.conf -p /var/run/ntpd.pid

I can see that server is continuously sending multicast packets to client,
but client is not able to sync.
Please check if there is any thing wrong in my config.
Kindly help
Regards,
Atul.