[ntp:questions] GPS

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Oct 5 20:50:47 UTC 2010

John,

My experience with SA some years ago was that the timing accuracy was in
the order of LORAN C, that is, about one microsecond. However, the
oscillator in my Austron 2201 GPS receiver was disciplined in frequency
by LORAN C, with result the timing accuracy was in the order of 50 ns. I
calibrated it with a Cesium oscillator. In other words, even if SA were
turned back on, it is easily defeated.

Dave