[ntp:questions] Sure GPS: Programming it now works

unruh unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca
Fri Apr 8 22:01:40 UTC 2011

On 2011-04-08, Uwe Klein <uwe at klein-habertwedt.de> wrote:
> Terje Mathisen wrote:
>
>> I have tested and verified that at least my Sure board does not allow me
>> to ask for most of the 19 NMEA sentences listed in the 314 command:
>> Turning on all actually resulted in 5 or 6.
>>
>> I'll try again after first setting the board to 38400 baud. (Maybe it
>> only allows those sentences that actually fit inside the output window?)
> just toggle on one sentence at a time ?

Tried that. I got responses from bits 0 1 2 3 4 5 17 and 18
6 and 7 are range residuals which might have been too large to fit in
the time available. 8-12 are unlisted in the docs, so it is no surprize
they did nothing. 13-16 are special commands (almanac, ephmeris
differential correction info and MTK debug into) Ie it would seem one
cannot get at the very particular info that could be used to create a
really high accuracy device. Or perhaps if I only asked for those items
it would work.
(0=GLL, 1=RMC 2=VTG 3=GGA 4=GSA 5=GSV  17= ZDA and 18=PMTKCHN=Channel
status  are the ones that seem to work. )