[ntp:questions] NTP Denial of Service attack 29 November 2011

Uwe Klein uwe at klein-habertwedt.de
Thu Dec 1 10:20:56 UTC 2011

Rich wrote:
> Someone is "at war" with USNO  NTP service. They could be students,
> who knows?  But all of the offending addresses traced to Chinese
> sites. In order to continue to provide NTP to US customers, USNO
> elected to block Chinese networks at the /8 level whenever we were
> able to trace the attacks to those networks.

me at home # for ip in 220.117.53.67  218.92.115.152  114.40.28.224  218.201.21.194 ; do
		whois $ip ;
	done | egrep 'descr:|country:'

descr:          KOREA TELECOM
descr:          Network Management Center
country:        KR
country:        KR
country:        KR
descr:          Korea Telecom
country:        KR
descr:          CHINANET jiangsu province network
descr:          China Telecom
descr:          A12,Xin-Jie-Kou-Wai Street
descr:          Beijing 100088
country:        CN
descr:          CHINANET jiangsu province network
country:        CN
country:        CN
descr:          China Mobile Communications Corporation - chongqing
country:        CN
country:        cn

uwe