[ntp:questions] ntp broadcast not working with IPv6

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Wed Dec 7 06:05:36 UTC 2011

rakesh v wrote:

> *RV: I couldn't run the ntpd with -D2 option as it is not available.*
> *These are the options available for ntpd (alphabetically)*
>
> *-b no  bcastsync      Allow us to sync to broadcast servers*
> *-c Str configfile     configuration file name*
> *-f Str driftfile      frequency drift file name*

 From a fairly old man page:

SYNOPSIS
        ntpd [ -46aAbdDgLnNqx ] [ -c conffile ] [ -f driftfile ] [ -i
jaildir ]
        [ -k keyfile ] [ -l logfile ] [ -p pidfile ]  [  -P  priority  ]
  [  -r
        broadcastdelay  ]  [  -s statsdir ] [ -t key ] [ -u user[:group]
] [ -v
        variable ] [ -V variable ]

Are you possibly using openntp?  There is very little knowledge of that
here and, at least at one time, this was actually an SNTP
implementation, not a full NTP one.