[ntp:questions] Calibrate for Refclock - whats an easy proceedure to get averages from clockstat?

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Sat Dec 10 19:54:39 UTC 2011

Goodness me, I asked the question in the subject!

Just fiddling around getting fudge times right and I came across the procedure to get the fudge 2 time.

I found I was making a couple of mistakes, I had more than one sentence transmitted a second, now only GPGGA is sent. By the way, that's another question, is using a short sentence like GPZDA instead of GPGGA beneficial accuracy wise?

Secondly, Should I enable PPSAPI (Flag1 1) on NMEA - I have PPS ready to go, but I will get NMEA times right before I tackle that one. The question is, Can I enable NMEA flag1 _and_ have PPS driver as well? Will it break something or just pointless?

Thirdly, What's an easy way to get an average delay out of clockstats file. I want to leave it running for 24 hours and I thought to do it with excel, but that will require a lot of editing of that big file. Is there an easy  way to do what I want in Unix?

Thanks for your help so far Guys!

Mark