[ntp:questions] ntp server pool advice

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 21 20:26:18 UTC 2011

On 12/21/2011 3:25 AM, ben slimup wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> i m currently working on some project that needs a particular ntp distribution design:
>
> i have to site with 4 public ip address, that can be used on both site, i need to serve between 100000 client to 1 million.. load balanced either on 1 site or both.
> i have on each site 2  box with 4 ntp server (slot card) that can deliver synchronize 10,000client per card
> i can also use a L4 load balancer on each site if required, also dns round robin
>
> i would like to know how can i design a proper ntp network with redundancy on both site that can handle such client request.
>
> Please expert kindly advise
>
> Thank you
>
> beny

Please use your return key!  Your message overflows a 22" wide screen!!!

You will need a very fast link to your internet provider.  I think T1
service might be sufficient.  Consult an expert or two!

Be certain that your contract with your Internet Provider (IP) allows
you to operate a server.  Some providers do not.  Any IP should be able
to handle the load but will almost certainly expect you to pay for the
bandwidth your server will require.