[ntp:questions] Accuracy of NTP - Advice Needed

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Fri Dec 23 23:14:54 UTC 2011

Hi Paul, This is probably going further up the track for you, however, with the HP "c class" blades you can use a PCI expansion blade with a serial IO card in it. The downside is that the expansion blade takes up one bay (to the left of a half-height blade, or bottom left slot next to a full height blade) If your enclosures are already quite full this maybe a problem for you? Another thought is the SUV Dongle that goes on the front, breaks out com1 to the DB9 on the Cable. However, loss of PPS due someone hijacking the cable for service reasons is probably quite high... I wouldn't recommend epoxying the cable in unless you are going to use the cheapest available blade and intend to chuck it if it fails.

Another thought is to use the HP SL type blades, some of which have expansion slots natively. These are not so well known, however video rendering farms seem to love them..

I wish you luck on your exciting project, feel free to drop me a line if you have any HP blade or ISS technical related questions?

Mark