[ntp:questions] Accuracy of NTP - Advice Needed

Greg Hennessy greg.hennessy at cox.net
Wed Dec 28 14:59:14 UTC 2011

On 2011-12-28, Danny Mayer <mayer at ntp.org> wrote:
> No, they use synchronized Cesium atomic clocks for time accuracy. GPS is
> only used to get a fix on the location and I'm not sure that 10's of
> centimeters is good enough for what they are trying to prove.

Your comment is false. It is not try that GPS is used *only* to get a
location fix, GPS is also used to synchronise the atomic clocks.

As you have admitted in email, you have not read the preprint.
I have read the preprint.

You are now trying to tell me that I am wrong when I speak to
something mentioned in the preprint.

I've not seen a more perfect example of Dunning-Kruger in some time.