[ntp:questions] Getting PPS to work with Oncore ref clock

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Thu Feb 17 10:03:07 UTC 2011

In article <ia4v28-a6c.ln1 at p4x2400c.home.lordynet.org>,
 David Lord <snews at lordynet.org> writes:

>or even a LED + diode + resistor will be enough to show if there is
>a pulse. Radioclkd2 can be used in debug mode to confirm the single
>DCD pulse and width.

Some devices put out a narrow (10 microsecond) pulse.  I don't know
what the Oncore does.

I have one PC that works fine with a narrow pulse and another PC
that doesn't see it.  I kludged together a pulse stretcher (diode, R, C)
and it started working.  Well, I thought it was working.  It turns out
that it only sees some of the pulses.